About Carol Olsby & Associates, Inc.
Author, GPHR, GRP, CCP, SHRM-SCP
Carol has over 25 years of strategic global and domestic HR experience designing and scaling companies from start-ups to large companies with a focus on driving greater business success and securing preferred employer status in all business markets. She is well traveled with a global mindset and has lead HR organizations and established, acquired, scaled, and divested companies throughout the world. She is considered a “thought-leader” providing her clients with customized organizational designs, HR talent.management strategies, and HR programs & polices aligned with their mission, values, and business strategies.
Education and Professional Certifications
- Master’s Science, Human Resources Management – Chapman University
- Bachelor’s Science, Business Administration – Columbia Union College – with honors
- Executive International Business Management Programme – Tieto, IFL & Stockholm School of Economics
- Global Executive Coaching Program – Cambridge University
- Global Leadership Certificate Program – Thunderbird School of Global Management
- International Human Resources Programme – Tieto, Stockholm, Sweden
- Certification, Global Professional Human Resources – GPHR – HRCI
- Certification, Senior HR Professional – SHRM-SCP – Society for Human Resources Management
- Certifications – Global Remuneration & Rewards (GRP) & Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) – World at Work
Advisory and Boards
- Founder and Chair, HR Roundtable, the high-technology human resources society with over 150 member companies.
- Founder and Chair, Global Human Resources Consortium an international human resources organization representing over 100 global companies.
- Technology company technical expert lobbyist for WA state laws pertaining to human resources. All the lobbying efforts were successful and resulted in amendments to WA state laws.
- Frequent speaker presenting domestic and global topics relating to creating scalable and sustainable companies. Some of the venues have been: UW MBA, UW Law School, global conferences, entrepreneurial and venture firm events, and HR seminars & conferences.
- SHRM Leadership & Advisory Boards – 250,000 members globally
- Global HR Expert Panelist – 2009 through 2013 and 2016 – present
- HR & Technology Panel – 2014 through 2015
- Global HR Director – Washington State – 2007 through 2013
- Wireless Advocates is a third-party provider of wireless products and services, both online and in more than 1,000 retail locations nationwide.
- Car Toys is the largest independent multi-channel specialty car audio and mobile electronics retailer in America with locations in major cities across the western United States.
- ECONET is an investment company, ECONET’s primary goal is to shape and sustain financing for a healthy network of companies.
Publications and Author
Carol has had articles written about her domestic and global HR work published in magazines, newspapers, and online sites to include: Bloomberg, Washington Post, Japan Times, CIMA Financial Management Magazine, Baton Rouge Business Report, Dayton Business Journal, International Employment Today, Seattle Times, Financial Forum, CFO Magazine Research Report, Wall Street Journal, SHRM Magazine, Workforce, Sweden’s Personnel & Leadership, Global HR News, Global Profit Tech, Computer Technology Associates, Inc., N.F. Casting (India) News, Drudge Report, and Yahoo Finance.
Carol’s work has been profiled in the publication “International Human Resources Management” by Briscoe, Schuler, and Claus utilized by both academia and business. She coauthored the “Talent Management – China” chapter of the Global Immersion HR Handbook Series, which is considered the top global HR handbook for international and business professionals. This series is also part of HR and business college programs and is a well-respected HR and business resource.
“Carol is by far the best HR consultant I have worked with. Both her own skill-sets and wide range of professional experience are very unique and result-driven. I have recommended her services to many of my colleagues and friends, and without exception, she always exceeded their expectations by delivering successful results.”
“We hired Carol to help us develop a global framework for our human resource department at Winshuttle. Her expertise and depth of knowledge was invaluable as she guided us through a number of different initiatives in building out our HR team and infrastructure. Carol worked with our leadership teams at HQ and in our regional offices with profound impact. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Carol and hope to do so again in the future. I would highly recommend Carol to any organization looking for a true HR expert to help take their game to the next level.”Jeff Bergstrom
“Carol is one of the best and most knowledgeable HR professionals there is. She balances the needs of the corporation with the needs of the employees beautifully. She works hard, gets the job done, and juggles multiple tasks with great aplomb. She seems to cover 24 time zones with ease when we know that is a very difficult task. In addition to all this, she stays current with ever-changing employment law.”Steve Latham